Green Jobs for a New Economy: The Career Guide to Emerging Opportunities
An indispensable guide for students and career-seeking adults, Peterson-s Green Jobs for a New Economy offers vital information on a wide array of professional and skilled green careers, with details on job trends, work environment, and earning potential.
Explore exclusive data on green two-year and four-year colleges, including academic programs, student services, energy use, recycling, and much more. Raise your -Sustainability IQ- with no-nonsense articles about finding green employers, eco-conscious measures you can take right now, and tips on green careers and campus life.
In addition, you will find insightful and inspirational articles written by individuals who are at the forefront of important environmental organizations, green companies, and university sustainability efforts.
Featuring exclusive bonus section, -What Does Being Green Mean,- which examines the current interest in sustainability, President Obama-s -New Energy for America- program, and key green terms and definitions, with links to more than 20 green job boards and over 30 U.S. and global organizations that support sustainability.
Green Jobs For a New Economy acknowledges the global and national movement toward sustainability and its influence on today’s education consumers, who view this concept not only as a major factor in choosing a college or university, but also as a guide to finding a career that will satisfy professional aspirations and benefit the planet in the process.
1. Review of professional and skilled labor jobs in the new green economy, with profiles on
– Work Environment
– Career Paths
– Earning Potential
– Related Jobs
– Organizations for more information
2. Brief, informative articles on green topics. Examples:
–What Does \”Sustainability\” Mean?
–How Green is Your College? Sustainability Initiatives Explained
– Top Green In-Demand College Majors
– Top 10 Career Fields for the Eco-Conscious
– The Hottest Green Careers Today
– Top 10 Greenest Places to Work and Live
– Job Interview? Find Out How Green The Company Is
– Greening Your Vocabulary: What the Global Citizen Needs to Know
3. Career/Industry Categories:
– Alternate Fuels (Biofuels, Geothermal, Hydroelectric, Solar, Wind)
– Environmental Conservation
– Environmental Engineering
– Environmental Law
– Environmental Planning and Land Use
– Environmental Science
– Green Building Design and Construction (Retrofitting Buildings)
– Transportation Systems Planning
– Urban Planning
4. Top four-year and two-year colleges for green programs of study, with profiles including data on:
– Financial Aid
– Admissions Requirements
– Application and Information
– Green Campus Organizations/Projects
– Union Programs for Training and Retraining
5. State and Federal Funding for Workplace Training
6. Results from Peterson\’s Survey of Sustainability Efforts in Higher Education (sent to a universe of about 4,000 respondents: all UG2 & UG4 schools in the U.S. and Canada)
7. Lists of organizations involved in and promoting sustainability (different from those in the profiles) and listing of green industry job boards.