It’s never to early to teach kids to be green. From the moment they are born, kids impact the world, and the sooner they learn to be conscientious of the environment, the better. Learning about protecting the world can be fun, and these books make becoming eco-friendly a fun experience for kids.
1. 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth: Check out this book that tells kids the many ways they can contribute to saving the Earth.
2. The Giving Tree: Shel Silverstein’s book teaches kids about the relationship between kids and the forest.
3. My Bag and Me!: My Bag and Me! can teach your child to be eco-friendly by using reusable bags.
4. A Drop Around the World: Kids can follow a drop of water around the world in this book.
5. The Great Kapok Tree: In The Great Kapok Tree, a man changes his mind about chopping down a large tree in the Amazon when he hears the pleas of the animals.
6. George Saves the World by Lunchtime: George saves the world with simple everyday actions in this book.
7. The Tree in the Ancient Forest: In this book, Carol Reed-Jones writes about the web of plants and animals in the world.
8. Earth-Friendly Crafts for Kids: Here you’ll find 50 awesome recycled crafts projects.
9. The Forever Forest: Kids save a tropical treasure in The Forever Forest.
10. Charlotte’s Web: Charlotte’s Web teaches animal appreciation, life cycles, and ecosystems.
11. Green Wise Kids: Jean Clausen’s book teaches kids about doing simple things to improve the environment, sharing age appropriate activities.
12. The Empty Lot: This book’s hero sells off an empty lot, but after consideration, learns about all of the natural elements that make the lot more valuable than he thought.
13. My Favorite Tree: Kids can choose their favorite North American tree in My Favorite Tree.
14. One Well: One Well tells the story of water on Earth.
15. The Lorax: The Lorax offers kids an ecological warning about the disregard for the Earth’s environment.
16. We Are Extremely Very Good Recyclers: These kids recycle their toys instead of throwing them away, and they even get their classmates involved.
17. Herb the Vegetarian Dragon: In this book, kids will read about eating vegetarian through Herb, the vegetarian dragon.
18. Oil Spill!: Kids can learn about the ecological damage of oil spills in this book.
19. Earth Book for Kids: Earth Book for Kids has activities to help heal the environment.
20. Wonderful Nature, Wonderful You: Wonderful Nature, Wonderful You tells the lessons of nature and the animal kingdom.
21. What’s It Like Living Green?: Kids teach kids how to live green in this book.
22. The Adventures of a Plastic Bottle: This plastic bottle helps kids learn about recycling from a new perspective.
23. Recycled Crafts Box: Kids can make crafts out of recycled materials using this book.
24. The City of Ember: In The City of Ember, the heroes of the book live in a world run on hydro power.
25. Giggles the Green Bean: Giggles the Green Bean learns environmentally friendly lessons and transforms his stinky town to green in this book.
26. The Curious Garden: The Curious Garden tells a story of a little boy who becomes a city gardener in an urban, factory town.
27. Dear Children of the Earth: Mother Earth writes to children to get their help in this book.
28. World Beneath Our Feet: Kids can read about the world that exists in the soil in World Beneath Our Feet.
29. The Berenstain Bears Don’t Pollute (Anymore): This family of bears learns about why we need to mend our polluting and wasteful ways.
30. Why Are the Ice Caps Melting?: Kids can read about the dangers of global warming in Why Are the Ice Caps Melting?