Cricos Code: 070573E
In this program you will develop the skills and knowledge to provide inclusive, non-judgemental services and programs to a broad range of client groups in our community.
What can I do with my qualification? The Diploma of Community Services Work qualifies you to work in a diverse range of government and non-government organisations supporting and advocating for individuals and groups of people. Jobs students and graduates of the program are employed in include:
- housing support worker
- family violence support worker
- youth worker in a range of settings
- employment pathways worker
- settlement support worker
- disability advocacy and support worker
- community development worker
- project worker
- community worker
- welfare worker
- case manager
Video – Why study community services at NMIT?
The Diploma of Community Services Work is the minimum qualification required to work as a child protection worker in the Victorian Department of Human Services.
What you\’ll gain:
- advocacy skills
- skills in case work processes, including engagement, assessment, monitoring, and referral and case closure
- knowledge of the community services system
- understanding of the laws affecting clients and workers
- skills in dealing with people in crisis
- understanding of theoretical models
- communication skills
- skills for culturally sensitive and inclusive practice
- reflective practice skills
- networking skills and opportunities
- knowledge of occupational health and safety and risk management strategies
Course Units: You are required to satisfactorily complete 18 units to gain the qualification Diploma of Community Services Work.
International Students please note: the international fee as displayed is charged on a per annum basis.
You must be at least 20 years of age at the commencement of the course. IELTS 5.5 or higher (overall in the academic test). You are also required to have completed one year paid and/or volunteer work experience in the community services sector. Prior to commencing placement, all students must have a satisfactory police check and a Working with Children check.
Download the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
International student enquiries to: i[email protected]