People living with disabilities might find it hard to break into the job market, find work, and keep a good job. Through a top-notch disability employment agency, people with disabilities, health conditions, and other injuries can access job opportunities, linking them closer to employers looking for people with their qualifications. These agencies and organizations vary from large, medium, to small organizations. Additionally, some of them might be working for profit while others maintain a not-for-profit policy. They have amassed experience over the years to support people with disabilities and help assistance to those already in the job market.
That said, one might wonder, what are the perks of working with these agencies? What do I stand to benefit from them?
What Disability Employment Agencies Do
Yes, we know that basically, these agencies are there to help people with disabilities find and keep jobs. They are experts in connecting these people with employers, and they will even guide you to ensure that you get the opportunity. However, it is essential to note that there are two parts of these services, namely Disability Management Service and Employment Support Service.
For Disability Management Service, you should note that it is a free program that helps people who have temporary and short-term illnesses to get back to the workforce. This service is mainly offered to people who do not expect to be supported at work in the long term.
These services can help you out in different scenarios. They include
- When you are looking for the right job. They will find you a list of jobs that you qualify for.
- If you are looking for short-term supports (employers and employees), the service can be of great help to you. This can be either off-site or in the workplace.
- You can also receive training, whether you are an employee or employer.
On the other hand, the Employee Support Service helps people who have a permanent disability to find work. This initiative was introduced to ensure that people needing regular support have received all the assistance they require. The service is meant to help people who
- Are dealing with health issues that make it hard for them to get employment opportunities
- Are looking for assistance in training. They can be added to develop the skills necessary in a workplace
- Require assistance in pinpointing their abilities and strengths that can help them bag opportunities in the workplace
- Looking to educate themselves on the employment sector. They can offer additional information concerning a new job.
The good thing about these services is that they have been dealing with these cases for quite a long time now. This makes it easy for them to get opportunities and suitable openings for their clients to apply. They also know the dos and don’ts, making them the perfect partner to guide you through your application and even after you have bagged the opportunity. Lastly, being in the industry for a long time means that they have already formed partnerships with different companies and employers. This will make it easy for you to find the perfect opportunity that you have been looking for.