Whether you’re studying criminal justice so you can find evidence that proves your roommate is eating all your cereal in the morning, or your taking a course in psychology to find a way to Pavlovian response your roommate so that whenever they hear the word “breakfast” they immediately have to pee, there is one thing that all students have in common (besides terrible roommates): getting up in the morning for school. Which sucks. But since you have to do it, you might as well have some fun with it.
Here are the top 5 craziest alarm clocks around!
1. The Sunrise Creator. Who doesn’t love a good sunrise? Just connect this alarm to a lamp in your room and it’ll gradually increase the light as though it were, you guessed it, sunrise. Downside: having the sunrise at your fingertips might tempt you to become a vampire killing vigilante but unless the lamps in your room emit UV (which is a whole other side of weird) I would stick with using it to wake you up in the morning.
2. The Flying Alarm Clock. If you’re a bigger fan of the Snooze button than you are of sundaes and rainbows then (1) there is something very wrong with you, and (2) here is the solution to all your problems. This alarm seems normal till it goes off and the top portion flies to some random spot of your room. The only way to turn it off is to get up and reconnect the two pieces. Pretty clever.
3. Drag Racing Alarm Clock. Love the Fast and the Furious franchise? Then this alarm is for you. Complete with revving engine noises and a working temperature and humidity gage, this alarm is sure to wake up the race car driver within!
4. Nobby Voice Recognition Clock. Here’s a really fun and cute way to get up. This little feller has voice recognition, so when the beeping goes off in the morning you can politely tell it to stop or you can ring its little neck. It just depends on which side of the bed you’re waking up on.
5. Sfera Alarm Clock. Sure, you might not be able to pronounce its name but by the time it’s done with you that won’t matter, you’ll be fine simply yelling obscenities at it. This magical waking up device works by being mounted to the ceiling above your head and hangs over you. When it goes off you can snooze it, but then it retracts a bit closer to the ceiling, and the process repeats till you have to stand up to turn it off. Thoroughly annoying? Yes. But it gets the job done.