This course provides an understanding of the biological, physical and social sciences that apply to the study of the environment.
Students study areas of science that are relevant to the study and management of natural environments, and are also equipped with an understanding of how science and society interact. This understanding will allow for scientists to communicate effectively with other professionals working towards better environmental outcomes.
- The Environmental Science major provides thorough education on the environmental challenges facing mankind. This is a program for students who enjoy fieldwork and are interested in learning how to solve environmental problems.
- Further facilities and expertise are made accessible through JCU’s association with partner organisations including:
– Wet Tropics Management Authority
– Environmental Protection Agency
– Cooperative Research Centres and Centres of Excellence
- Both JCU’s Cairns and Townsville campuses are situated near the World Heritage listed Wet Tropics rainforests and the Great Barrier Reef, as well as savannas and wetlands.